In this blog, I'll tell you a brief description of Bootstrap 4. Currently, Bootstrap 4 alpha was released. This release included a major upgrade of Bootstrap with some huge changes to the way it functions. Porting from Bootstrap 3 to Bootstrap 4 only some of the components are same (some are improved), and only a few have been dropped (with functionality ported to new components).
Bootstrap 4 causes lot of changes to most components, including tables, forms, grids, dropdowns, navbars, and more.
In Tables :- It supports Inverse Tables, Table Head Styles, also
.table- prefix has been added for its contextual classes,Bootstrap 4 also added
.responsive-table to the actual <table> element.
In Forms :-
.form-horizontal class has been dropped to display horizontal forms, Forms require the
.row class when using grids, Use
.form-control-sm to increase or decrease the size of an input control, uses the
.form-text class to display help text.
In Grids :- uses 5 tier drid system (xs, sm, md, lg, xl), Uses
offset-*-* classes to offset columns. For example,
In Dropdowns :-
Dropdowns can be built with
.dropdown header to
<h2>tags (as Bootstrap no longer uses
<li> tags to build dropdowns).
Some of the remarkable changes are :-
1. Bootstrap 4 follows Sass.
2. It has Newly added Improved grid system.
3. It supports Opt-in flexbox.
4. New component Card is introduced & thumbnails and panels are dropped.
5. Pixels uses rems and ems instead of px, where to make responsive typography and part measuring even easier.
6. Improved auto-placement of tooltips and popovers.
7. In bootstrap 4 many classes like new utility classes, Custom form controls, margin and padding classes have also been added.