The tier pricing allows us to apply discount from the product detail and catalog list pages. This discount can be applied to the specific type of customer group or store view.
The calculated quantity discount in tier pricing on the pages are like Buy 2 for some price and save some percentage discount.The discount is added on the quantity, customer applies for i.e., if the tier pricing is applied on the quantity 5 and another for the 10 quantity then the discounted price of 5th quantity will be applied on the quantities in between 5 to 10. As soon as the quantity applied by the customer is set to 10 then the another 10th quantity discounted price superseded on that product.
To apply the tier price:
1. Open the admin panel in that open catalog => manage products and select your product from the Grid.
2. In the Produt Information panel on left select the tier price.
3. In the tier price section click Add tier price.
4. Select the website to which the tier pricing to be applied.
5. Select the Customer Group for whom the tier pricing is to be applied.
6. Add the Quantity in Qty field on which the dicount to be applied.
7. In the Price field enter calculated price.
8. After completing these click on save button.
9. Then clear the cache and update the indexes and check on the front end.