This tutorial will guide you about "How to enable CURL in PHP". CURL is one the most basic and essential requirement as it allows you to connect different protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, FTP etc. By default CURL is not enable in php.ini file. So you need to edit php.ini to enable CURL in XAMPP ,WAMP & Ubuntu Apache server
Enable CURL in XAMPP, WAMP etc
1. Locate php.ini file
For XAMPP (Path: xampp\apache\bin\php.ini)
For WAMP (Path: WAMP\bin\php\(php version)\php.ini)
2. Open the php.ini in the editor.
3. Search for ‘;extension=php_curl.dll’ by pressing ctrl+f
4. Uncomment this line -> ‘;extension=php_curl.dll’ by removing the semi-colon ‘;’ before it
5. Now, Save and Close php.ini & Restart Apache.
Enable CURL in Ubuntu
1. Modify the php.ini file
Path: etc/(php5)/(apache2)/php.ini file. (5 & 2 is PHP & apache version respectively)
2. Now, uncomment the following line in the php.ini file by removing the semicolon (;).