We are in the latter half of the year 2019 and 2020, a year that seemed to be far into the future is almost here. People predicted that we would have flying cars, teleportation, and would be a multi-planetary civilization by then, but that's not happening. However, there are many technological advances to be happy and looking forward to, such as Citrix printing, where Citrix is the central server used to handle printing, and different computer users. For that reason, in this article we will be discussing the topic of the 5 technology upgrades that your business will need to have or at least be on the lookout to implement in 2020.
2020's Technology Upgrades Your Business Needs
It is well known that the internet is where the majority of the world's economy is organized, and transactions occur every single second, 24 hours a day, every day, every year. The five technology upgrades that have been in the works for decades are the internet of things, cryptocurrency, artificial intelligence algorithms, the blockchain, and quantum computers.
1) The Internet of Things: This can be stated as the acronym IoT. The internet of things refers to anything that needs the internet to work properly and is connected to the world-wide-web. An example is Amazon's Alexa, your iWatch, the doorbell company "Ring", and the thermostat "Nest". The internet of things will also help your business in different ways such as by creating Skills for Alexa. A Skill is basically you recording a piece of knowledge that answers a question. Whenever someone asks the question to their Alexa or Google Home, your business and your voice may be the ones selected which will bring clients back to your business if you do a good job of creating these Skills. Do a quick google search to find out more.
2) Cryptocurrency: This month has been the highest month for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin as it hit an all time high of $10,000+ per bitcoin. If your business does not accept payment in bitcoin by the year 2020, you will be missing out on a huge sector of currency which could also become an investment for you. There's no coincidence why large companies like Lamborghini allow their clients to pay with bitcoin and other crypto. More and more people are stopping their habit of paying with dollars and coins and are either paying with a card, or with their phones. Soon we will have a chip installed in our hands which will contain all the payment information we need to scan at the register.
3) Artificial Intelligence: This is abbreviated as A.I. A.I. is seen as both a threat to humanity or the solution we've been waiting for to take us to the next level of civilization. An A.I. algorithm is many thousands of times smarter than a human and can do tasks much better and with an astounding amount of precision. You can start implementing A.I. to handle meetings for your business, as this already exists. The algorithm will take over a conversation when you tag it in an email. It will have its own name and will discuss back and forth with the other person to find a time slot in your calendar for a meeting. The people it is speaking with will believe it is a person on your team until you let them know that it is only a piece of technology.
4) Blockchain: The blockchain was first introduced as the mainframe or skeleton of cryptocurrencies. There are banks that are using blockchain to create a safer environment for transactions and to prevent fraudulent activity. It is a decentralized system which will continue to improve and can help your own business to remain safe from hacks, and to protect the customer.
5) Quantum Computers: We believe there's still a long time before quantum computing can be mass produced, but it is estimated that the industry will be worth five billion dollars by 2020. Quantum computing will allow businesses to increase the speed at which they do things by hundreds of times. The areas of business for which quantum computers will be most helpful will be the cryptography sector, aviation, analyzing large pieces of data, creating financial forecasts, and to move the self-driving car industry forward.
In conclusion in this article we discussed the topic of the top five technologies to implement in business for the year 2020. Cryptocurrency, the internet of things (IoT), quantum computing, the blockchain, and artificial intelligence are all technologies we could have never dreamed of in the year 2000, but 20 years later, we are in the future.