Data Science Analytics – the sexiest job profile to be in 2020s! With continuously expanding data getting packed in the servers located across the world, the hunt for data scientists has intensified among the top firms globally.
Did you know that 90% of the world’s data has been created in the last two years alone!
As per IBM, the demand for big data professionals will rise from 364,000 in 2019 to 2,720,000 in 2020.
And, if U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics is to be believed, a whopping 11.5 million new jobs will be created in the field of Big Data Analytics by the year 2026!
Data Scientist – The Most Sought-After Job Profile to Be in 2020
Students, fresh college graduates, and young professionals must realize that the entire 2020s will see a big upsurge in the demand of data science professionals across industry verticals.
And hence, it would be highly advisable to the present youth to take up a data science certification and complete it at the earliest possible.
It would not only increase their current and future employability, but will also provide them with handsome earning opportunities, as big data and data analytics industry is destined to go big in the 2020s.
Top 6 Data Science Certifications in 2020 That Will Offer Maximum Employability
ABDE (Associate Big Data Engineer)
· SBDE (Senior Big Data Engineer)
Associate Big Data Engineer (ABDE)
Any student who is pursuing/completed an undergraduate degree in IT or Computer Science. Or, having a diploma in Software Engineering/Computer Programming.
· Prior knowledge of programming basics
· Hands-on experience in object-oriented programming
· Understanding of SQL statements and Core JAVA
· Basic awareness of PERL or RUBY
· Familiarity with Linux and Unix environments
· Candidate must be equipped with handling of spreadsheets and databases
Senior Big Data Engineer (SBDE)
Anyone who has an Undergraduate Degree in IT/Computer Science, or a diploma in software engineering/computer programming to his name. He/she should be working currently as a Coder/Programmer/Software Engineer in a tech firm.
· Prior experience and knowledge in programming basics
· Understanding of tools of object-oriented programming
· Knowledge of core JAVA and SQL
· Awareness about PERL and RUBY – the two vital scripting languages
· Familiarity with Linux and Unix environments.
· Experience in handling spreadsheets and databases
ABDA (Associate Big Data Analyst)
· SBDA (Senior Big Data Analyst)
Associate Big Data Analyst (ABDA)
Anyone having an undergraduate degree in Management, Business, Statistics, Marketing, Economics, Mathematics, or Applied Mathematics.
· Knowledge of basics of Statistics
· Familiarity with tools used in managing problems related to calculating central tendency, averages and dispersions, probability, charts, scatter plots, histograms, permutations and combinations, etc.
· Comfort in handling databases and spreadsheets
Senior Big Data Analyst (SBDA)
Anyone working in big data industry, or is a market research professional with an undergraduate degree in either Statistics, Management, Business, Economics, Mathematics, or Applied Mathematics.
· Hands-on experience working with tools used in calculation of dispersions and averages, central tendencies, permutations and combinations, histograms, charts, scatter plots, graphs, and probability
· Skilled in handling spreadsheets and databases
· SDS (Senior Data Scientist)
· PDS (Principal Data Scientist)
Senior Data Scientist (SDS)
· Minimum of 6 years’ experience in big data analytics or more.
· Having an undergraduate degree in either Statistics, Management, Marketing, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Business, or Mathematics.
· Prior knowledge of the basics of Statistics
· Familiarity with tools used in handling problems related to calculation of probability, permutations and combinations, graphs, charts, dispersions and averages, central tendency, histograms, etc.
· Efficient in handling spreadsheets and databases.
· Advanced knowledge of the tools of Statistical Analytics, understanding of analytics platforms such as SAS/SPSS.
· Basic concepts of R programming
· Clarity in the basics of object-oriented programming
· Hands-on experience in RDBMS
· Comfortable in working with Big Data Analytics and Programming platforms
Principal Data Scientist (PDS)
An experience of 10+ years or more in Big Data Industry, and having a Masters in either of the three disciplines - Mathematics, Business, or Technology.
· Strong grasp on the basics of Statistics
· Familiarity with tools to handle problems related to calculation of probability, permutations and combinations, dispersions and averages, and central tendencies. Besides, hands-on experience with creation of histograms, graphs, charts, scatter plots, etc.
· Efficient at handling spreadsheets and databases.
· Advanced knowledge in using popular tools related to Statistical Analysis
· Understanding of analytics platforms such as SAS/SPSS
· Basic programming skills in R
· Clarity in fundamental concepts of object-oriented programming, & RDBMS
· Hands-on experience working on common Big Data Programming & Analytics platforms
Having a top data analytics certification to your name can bring you laurels in the near future in the big data industry. Besides, if you happen to be a person, even remotely associated with the field of big data and data science, there could not be a better opportunity for you to grab employment of your dreams in 2020.
Get certified in data science, and enter the coveted club of the “highest-paid professionals to be” in 2020s!