Important skills which a good software tester must have:
1. Out of the Box thinkers: Tester should be expert in design the multiple scenarios. Create the positive and negative both scenarios. He should be able to test from customer’s point of view.
2. Excellent Communication Skills: To explain the exact issue to the development team is the most important job of the tester. So, excellent communication skill (Oral and Written both) is required to explain the issues to the developers.
3. Quick Learner: This is also very important that the tester is able to learn quickly.
4. Passion for Testing: Testers should have a true passion for improving the quality of product. They should have interest to understand the product that need to be tested. Also, they must be interested to take the complexities as well as challenges.
5. Good thinking and analyzing skills: Testers should have strong analytical and thinking skills. Because good analytical skill will be very useful during testing a product.
6. Think from customer’s perspective: Every product is developed for the customers so thinking from the customer's point of view is very important. Also, create the test data according to the customer's perspective. There is a possibility to miss many bugs if testers do not think from the customer's perspective.
7. Domain Expert: Tester should be expert in the domain of the product so that he will easily understand the software or application. Due to this, they can test the application thoroughly and can find out the intended behavior and the break points of the application.
8. A test to break attitude: Tester should have "Test to Break" attitude so that he will make both positive and negative scenarios for testing the application which will lead to the good quality of the product.
9. Business Intelligence: Testers should have business intelligence so that he can view the company's businees approach and procedures which will lead to the company's growth.