1. End to End functionality Verification : Test cases that include the end to end functionality of the product are taken up for acceptance testing. This ensures that all the product are taken up for acceptance testing. This also ensures that all the business transaction are tested as a whole and those transactions are completed successfully. Real-Life test scenarios are tested when the product is tested end to end.
2. Domain Tests :As acceptance testing is conducted on business scenarios, the product domain tests should be included and Test cases which show business domain understanding are also included.
3. User Scenario Tests: Acceptance testing indicate the real-life user scenario verification because of this test cases which portray them are included.
4. Basic Sanity Tests:Tests that verify the basic existing behavior of the product are included . These tests ensure that the system perform the basic operations that it has to do. Such tests may gain more attention when a product undergoes modification. It is necessary to verify that the existing behavior is maintain without any breaks.
5. New Functionality: When the application undergoes changes or modification, the acceptance testing test cases should only focus on verifying the new features.
6. A Few Non-Functional Tests: As a part of acceptance testing non-functional tests are executed, so that all the non-functional aspects of the product meet the expectations.
7. Acceptance Test Data: Tests cases which make use of customer real-life data are also included in acceptance testing.