In magento the default admin url is /admin/ but for the security purpose the default url is risky as it is know by everyone. For the security purpose we need to change the admin url of the store which would be known by the store staff only.
There are many ways we can change the admin url in magento.
The first way is to set the custom url at the time of the setup when it ask for the admin path.
The other way is to do manually from the configuration file :
1. Go to app/etc folder open local.xml file.
2. Search for the below code in the file.
Another way is to do it from the backend admin panel as :
1. Admin panel login to it.
2. Then go to System -> Configuration -> Advance -> Admin ->
Admin Base Url.
3. Set the Custom Admin path to Yes.
4. Now enter the value of url you desired to access the magento admin panel from.
In these ways we can change the admin url path for the security reasons in magento.