Facebook is the biggest social media website, where we can post daily status updates, share images, videos, create groups, write notes, and ask question and answer and create pages for promoting business. We can also use Facebook platform for promoting our brand through paid advertising campaigns.
Now let me explain you how can we use Facebook as an effective social media marketing technique which is been used by many internet marketers to promote client’s business over the online media. I have described some of the tips associated with Facebook marketing below:
How we can use Facebook for business?
There are four important steps which you can use to promote a brand on facebook.
• Create a Facebook business page.
• Connect with people.
• Engage your audience.
• Influence friends or fans.
Creating Facebook business page
• Select a category related to your business.
• Create logo and other image for your profile.
• Create an attractive banner which explains your business product and services.
• Write some interesting content about yours business or brand.
• Set specific web URL for your business page as per your brand name.
• Fill your profile and business page details completely.
• Add complete contact information and website address.
Create an effective page cover banner image
Here is some basic idea to make an effective page cover banner image for your business page.
• Use an image that's 851 x 315 pixels.
• Use a unique image to represent your page (ex: A popular menu item or a picture of a customer using your product).
• Experiment with different images to see what is the behavior of visitors.
Connect With People
Now that you have a Page, it’s time to reach your current and potential customers.
• Create a group where you can post item related to your industry.
• Search new people or business holder which you want to survey your product and services.
• You can post a lot of products and services which are not directly related to your business but may help your product.
• When you have joined a group on Facebook you will be able to share your content with all the people who are following that group.
• Add a widget to your blog for increasing fans and traffic.
• Add your facebook profile with other social media profile.
• You can use FBML for custom facebook page design. FBML give you flexibility to show some special page to your customer or fans.
Engage Your Audience
When you post content and have conversations on your Page, you’re building loyalty and creating opportunities to generate sales. Now focus on step to engage your audience.
• Post quality content regularly.
• Make sure your posts are relevant to your audience and business.
• Share photos and videos because they tend to be more engaging.
• Ask questions regularly about your brand or product.
• Be timely by posting about current events, holidays or news.
• Schedule your post; manage your time by preparing posts in advance and schedule for time when your targeted visitors are majorly online.
• Make your most important post stay at the top of your Page for 7 days.
• Highlight important stories by making them larger and more visible.
• Hide posts that may no longer be relevant or just aren't as engaging.