Every web browser save the website small information in the form of text files known as cookies. These files are saved in the user’s hard drive by server; these saved cookies are then used later when user reopen that website again. HTTP protocol is used to exchange the information within the website. The two type of HTTP protocol is used : Stateless HTTP and Stateful HTTP protocol. Stateless protocol does not save the previous open site history file where as Stateful HTTP Protocol keep the history.
Stored path and format :
The default path of stored Cookies in system is “C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Cookies”.
Format(saved cookies): Site, Name, Content, Domain, Path, Send For, Expires.
Where Cookies Are Used:
1. Cookies are used in Advertising on web site.
2. Session are saved in cookies.
3. Web site Shopping cart used cookies.
4. Web site random user tracking.
How to do the Testing
2. Application should be checked in both cookies enabled and disabled mode. If the cookies were in disable mode then application should display the desired error message and the functionality that do not depends on cookies should work as expected.
3. When cookies are saved in browser then first delete all the cookie files from the browser settings and restart the browser. Now open the application and observe the behavior of application.
4. Test your site cookies in every browsers to find out whether cookies are getting saved properly in every browsers or not.